In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
Bettors in South Africa were able to wager directly into a United States pool March 27 when the full card from Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack was made available at racecourses, off-track betting outlets, and through an account wagering system.
Due to the continued growth and success of Australian
simulcasting in North America, Wyvern International, the distributor of the Australian product in North America, has decided to offer racing to all simulcast outlets on Sunday evenings during the months of February and March.
- By Scott Davis
A multi-national panel depicted the possibilities and potential pitfalls of international simulcasting at the International Simulcasting Conference in Bal Harbour, Fla., Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death