Trying one more time, the state of New York accepted seven new bids - from major casino operators to real estate and racing interests -- to develop a casino at Aqueduct racetrack, an authority first approved for the facility back in 2001.
A new group bidding to operate racing in New York includes Las Vegas casino operator Steve Wynn. The group also includes an unidentified racetrack operator.
Bid amounts were announced for a dormant Illinois casino license, with Penn National Gaming submiting the highest offer.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid
- PDJF to Benefit From 'Fillies & Lillies'