Trying one more time, the state of New York accepted seven new bids - from major casino operators to real estate and racing interests -- to develop a casino at Aqueduct racetrack, an authority first approved for the facility back in 2001.
A new group bidding to operate racing in New York includes Las Vegas casino operator Steve Wynn. The group also includes an unidentified racetrack operator.
Bid amounts were announced for a dormant Illinois casino license, with Penn National Gaming submiting the highest offer.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity