Trying one more time, the state of New York accepted seven new bids - from major casino operators to real estate and racing interests -- to develop a casino at Aqueduct racetrack, an authority first approved for the facility back in 2001.
A new group bidding to operate racing in New York includes Las Vegas casino operator Steve Wynn. The group also includes an unidentified racetrack operator.
Bid amounts were announced for a dormant Illinois casino license, with Penn National Gaming submiting the highest offer.
Most Popular Stories
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil