New Mexico's champion 3-year-old filly of 2015 was also responsible for year-end awards going to her sire, her dam, and her co-breeders.
Lisa Underwood said Oct. 24 she will step down as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to take a job with Wyatt, Tarrant, and Combs, a law firm for which she had worked previously.
The fairly new concept of e-verification for immigration workers was one of the topics at a March 8 forum hosted by Blue Grass Farms Charities in conjunction with attorneys from Wyatt, Tarrant and Combs in Lexington.
Whether Hollywood Park's cancellation of its April 30 card due to insufficient entries will require a move to a four-day week is something track officials aren't ready to discuss. The cancellation resulted when attempts on both April 26 and April 28 to fill the Thursday card failed to yield enough entries to conduct racing.
- By Ryan Conley
A North Dakota betting hub has broken ranks from other creditors with claims in the complex New York Racing Association bankruptcy case, filing a federal lawsuit that demands the racetrack operator immediately pay out over $1.6 million in net payoffs it claims it is owed from wagering pools.
- By Tom LaMarra
Alex Waldrop, former president of Churchill Downs, has been appointed president and chief executive officer of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. In addition, Turfway Park president Bob Elliston was appointed the first executive chairman of the organization.
The first meet at Hollywood Park with the artificial Cushion surface on the main track resulted in larger field sizes, larger purses, and increased handle, according to the track.
John C. Wyatt, a veteran Lexington photographer who worked for Keeneland, died April 19 in Lexington.
Hollywood Park has completed a renovation of the entire one-mile oval portion of its Lakeside Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile