The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will hold its 2013 summer sale on Tuesday, Aug. 20, two weeks earlier than its past traditional Labor Day date.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
The Washington Racing Hall of Fame has announced 20 finalists in five categories eligible to win the state's highest honor in Thoroughbred racing for 2013.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
A Candy Ride colt brought the top price of $105,000 Sept. 6 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling sale.
Dr. John Traber and Murdock MacPherson were among the honorees during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's awards and 2010 Washington champions banquet Feb. 19 at Emerald Downs.
Todd and Shawn Hansen purchased English Channel yearling filly for $80,000 from Griffin Place, agent.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is combining its annual summer yearling sale with its former December mixed sale to create a one-day WTBOA summer yearling and mixed sale event this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win