The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association has announced a new Emerald "Buy Here/Win Here" bonus program for WTBOA summer sale yearlings.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will hold its 2013 summer sale on Tuesday, Aug. 20, two weeks earlier than its past traditional Labor Day date.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
The Washington Racing Hall of Fame has announced 20 finalists in five categories eligible to win the state's highest honor in Thoroughbred racing for 2013.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
A Candy Ride colt brought the top price of $105,000 Sept. 6 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling sale.
Dr. John Traber and Murdock MacPherson were among the honorees during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's awards and 2010 Washington champions banquet Feb. 19 at Emerald Downs.
Todd and Shawn Hansen purchased English Channel yearling filly for $80,000 from Griffin Place, agent.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is combining its annual summer yearling sale with its former December mixed sale to create a one-day WTBOA summer yearling and mixed sale event this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win