John Pierce's homebred Mystery Classic, a winner of five consecutive stakes last year, will be honored as the 2007 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Mystery Classic is trained by Robert Schultz.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Dixie Meister, a grade II stakes winner who earned $287,210 last year, will be honored as the 2006 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Two-year-old gelding Be a Resident fought off several challengers and remained unbeaten in three starts with a 1 ¼-length victory over Holy Mission in the Staunch Avenger Division of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe