John Pierce's homebred Mystery Classic, a winner of five consecutive stakes last year, will be honored as the 2007 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Mystery Classic is trained by Robert Schultz.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Dixie Meister, a grade II stakes winner who earned $287,210 last year, will be honored as the 2006 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Two-year-old gelding Be a Resident fought off several challengers and remained unbeaten in three starts with a 1 ¼-length victory over Holy Mission in the Staunch Avenger Division of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa