Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr., reported on several of his top horses Sept. 25 from Aqueduct, including Paul Pompa Jr.'s Futurity (gr. II) winner D' Funnybone, whose next start is still up in the air.
Awesome Maria proved an authoritative winner of Belmont Park's Matron (gr. IIT) in her stakes debut Sept. 19 when odds-on choice Worstcasescenario was eased out of the race.
Though her breeding wouldn't suggest it, Worstcasescenario has shown best-case sprinting ability, winning her two starts to date by a combined margin of 10 lengths, including an upset victory in Saratoga's Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) one month ago. Trainer Richard Violette hopes his unbeaten daughter of Forbidden Apple can do it again in the $250,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 19.
Rachel Alexandra will steal all the headlines, but she won't be the only heavily-backed filly Steve Asmussen sends out in a grade I race this weekend at Saratoga. The nation's leading trainer also has Grace Stables' Hot Dixie Chick going in the $300,000 Spinaway (gr. I) on Sept. 6, and the daughter of Dixie Union figures to receive much of the attention at the windows.
Worstcasescenario enjoyed a best-case trip with jockey Alan Garcia to spring a 13-1 surprise in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 19.
One month after her impressive second-place effort in the Schuylerville (gr. III) at Saratoga, Peter Callahan's Beautician is back for another shot in the $150,000 Adirondack (gr. II) on Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks