After spending his life around horses, Jess Lester Malen died in the city that calls itself the Horse Capital of the World. A retired jockey and trainer, Malen, 93, originally from Nebraska City, Neb., died Sunday, Aug. 3.
In honor of D-Day, another look at WWII Veterans visiting with Normandy Invasion during Kentucky Derby Week. watch video
World War II veteran Alan Reeves had some advice for Fox Hill Farm's Rick Porter on May 3 when he and three other veterans of the Normandy Invasion visited Barn 42 where Kentucky Derby contender Normandy Invasion is stabled.
The four unknowingly helped inspire the name of Kentucky Derby contender Normandy Invasion, along with the other thousands of brave soldiers who participated in the historic events of June 6, 1944. read blog
Thomas Kennedy, a World War II hero and long-time Thoroughbred owner in the Mid-Atlantic region, died at his home in Mt. Washington, Md., Jan. 6. He was 86.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss