EDITOR'S NOTE: The following column written by Steve Haskin appeared on Bloodhorse.com on Sept. 15, 2001, in conjunction with the cancellation of New York Racing Association racing, including several grade I stakes, in deference to the horrific events of Sept. 11.
Greenwood Racing will make donations totaling $100,000 to charities involved in disaster relief efforts in the City of New York resulting from the attack on the World Trade Center Towers on September 11, 2001.
The shutdown of New York airports will keep Beautiful Pleasure and Hero's Tribute out of important graded stakes races at Belmont Park on Saturday.
Breeders' Cup officials have only just begun thinking about how the World Trade Center disaster could affect the World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park on October 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate