EDITOR'S NOTE: The following column written by Steve Haskin appeared on Bloodhorse.com on Sept. 15, 2001, in conjunction with the cancellation of New York Racing Association racing, including several grade I stakes, in deference to the horrific events of Sept. 11.
Greenwood Racing will make donations totaling $100,000 to charities involved in disaster relief efforts in the City of New York resulting from the attack on the World Trade Center Towers on September 11, 2001.
The shutdown of New York airports will keep Beautiful Pleasure and Hero's Tribute out of important graded stakes races at Belmont Park on Saturday.
Breeders' Cup officials have only just begun thinking about how the World Trade Center disaster could affect the World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park on October 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill