Zachary Purton, an Australian riding in Hong Kong, won the 2012 World Super Jockeys Series at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 25.
Japanese jockey Masayoshi Ebina took a six-point lead into the second day of Japan's 2012 World Super Jockeys Series.
Jockey Ryan Moore from Great Britain captured his first World Super Jockeys Series title from Japan this year this year when he edged Australia's Craig Williams and Irish rider Johnny Murtagh at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 27.
Japan's Norihiro Yokoyama captured the two-day World Super Jockeys Series at Hanshin Racecourse Dec. 6, comfortably defeating Hong Kong's Douglas Whyte and Ryan Moore of Great Britain. Americans Calvin Borel and Garrett Gomez finished sixth and 14th, respectively, in the 15-rider field.
Edgar Prado and Javier Castellano are to represent the United States in the 20th World Super Jockeys Series to be held Dec. 2-3 at Hanshin Racecourse.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
Olivier Peslier rode a winner on both days of the 14th World Super Jockeys Series en route to winning the four-race series by 13 points over Yutaka Take Sunday in Japan. Peslier was tied for third behind Jerry Bailey and Australian Damien M. Oliver after Saturday's two series races but rallied Sunday to clinch the victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success