When champion filly Ashado was led into the Keeneland sales ring Monday, there was an air of anticipation that big things were about to happen. In the end, the result was a bidding war between agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, and the Coolmore group; Ferguson came out on top, paying a world-record price of $9 million for a broodmare or broodmare prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely