When champion filly Ashado was led into the Keeneland sales ring Monday, there was an air of anticipation that big things were about to happen. In the end, the result was a bidding war between agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, and the Coolmore group; Ferguson came out on top, paying a world-record price of $9 million for a broodmare or broodmare prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another