When champion filly Ashado was led into the Keeneland sales ring Monday, there was an air of anticipation that big things were about to happen. In the end, the result was a bidding war between agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, and the Coolmore group; Ferguson came out on top, paying a world-record price of $9 million for a broodmare or broodmare prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations