A world record for a one-mile turf race was established at Monmouth Park June 6 when Colvin Green's Mandurah won a starter handicap in 1:31.23 on a firm course at the New Jersey racetrack.
The Green Monkey, sent off as the 6-5 favorite in a $44,000 maiden special weight event on the turf at Hollywood Park Nov. 21, finished fourth after briefly taking the lead on the final turn.
The world-record price for a yearling filly was shattered by a Sadler's Wells filly Oct. 12 during book one of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Brazilian riding champion Jorge Ricardo once again earned distinction as the world's leading jockey as he put a nose in front of Russell Baze this week, continuing the battle between the two for the world record of races won by a jockey.
California-bred Scottsbluff set a world record of 1:00.26 for 5 1/2 furlongs under jockey Victor Espinoza in winning Monday's $70,800 Bullet Stakes on the Lakeside Turf Course at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Gains Posted at Doncaster Premier Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward