A world record for a one-mile turf race was established at Monmouth Park June 6 when Colvin Green's Mandurah won a starter handicap in 1:31.23 on a firm course at the New Jersey racetrack.
The Green Monkey, sent off as the 6-5 favorite in a $44,000 maiden special weight event on the turf at Hollywood Park Nov. 21, finished fourth after briefly taking the lead on the final turn.
The world-record price for a yearling filly was shattered by a Sadler's Wells filly Oct. 12 during book one of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Brazilian riding champion Jorge Ricardo once again earned distinction as the world's leading jockey as he put a nose in front of Russell Baze this week, continuing the battle between the two for the world record of races won by a jockey.
California-bred Scottsbluff set a world record of 1:00.26 for 5 1/2 furlongs under jockey Victor Espinoza in winning Monday's $70,800 Bullet Stakes on the Lakeside Turf Course at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup