A world record for a one-mile turf race was established at Monmouth Park June 6 when Colvin Green's Mandurah won a starter handicap in 1:31.23 on a firm course at the New Jersey racetrack.
The Green Monkey, sent off as the 6-5 favorite in a $44,000 maiden special weight event on the turf at Hollywood Park Nov. 21, finished fourth after briefly taking the lead on the final turn.
The world-record price for a yearling filly was shattered by a Sadler's Wells filly Oct. 12 during book one of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Brazilian riding champion Jorge Ricardo once again earned distinction as the world's leading jockey as he put a nose in front of Russell Baze this week, continuing the battle between the two for the world record of races won by a jockey.
California-bred Scottsbluff set a world record of 1:00.26 for 5 1/2 furlongs under jockey Victor Espinoza in winning Monday's $70,800 Bullet Stakes on the Lakeside Turf Course at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win