The Department of Labor has filed a lawsuit against Steve Asmussen contending the Eclipse Award-winning trainer has failed to pay proper overtime and has not kept proper employment records.
- By Claire Novak
Workers come out after the break, when the track is freshly harrowed and smooth as soft brown sugar. Most are ridden by jockeys dressed in trendy casual-wear, shiny helmets, spiffy vests. They stride onto the surface, jog up the wrong way, turn, gallop into it, get set down, and - boom - kick into high gear.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Tapits Dominate Fasig-Tipton Pinhook Prospects