The $400,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT), the richest race in Northern California, is one of eight six-figure stakes that Golden Gate Fields has scheduled for its 2006 spring meeting. The 65-day season begins Wednesday.
Scrofa, in her fourth start since being claimed for $62,500, posted a convincing victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap for California-bred fillies and mares at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
After a five-day break for the Christmas holiday, racing at Golden Gate Fields will pick up Sunday with a Pick Six carryover of $233,306 and the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Bob's Lady, the only stakes winner in the field, cruised to a 5 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Bob's Lady, a stakes-winner of more than $100,000, and Brite Sunny Day, who has won two of her three starts, head a field of six in Sunday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset