E Dubai, sire of 2012 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Fort Larned, will relocate to Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La. for the 2015 season.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The sharp end of a very open older horse division was added a new major player the first weekend in August when Fort Larned won the Whitney.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Dynaformer has sired grade I winners on dirt and turf, classic winners on both sides of the Atlantic, and produced a three-time steeplechase champion. The son of Roberto now expands the bounds of his proven versatility further with Rainbow View, a juvenile filly who could become a champion on two continents.
One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
In the movie business, sequels usually don't measure up to the originals. But Thoroughbred breeder Arthur B. Hancock III, owner of Stone Farm near Paris, Ky., is hoping a 2003 foal he has nicknamed Superman II is every bit as successful as a 1997 colt Hancock dubbed Superman, later named Fusaichi Pegasus.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington