Word Puzzle, sixth in the Grade 3 Herecomesthebride in her first start of the year, is being pointed toward Friday's $52,000-added Via Borghese Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at a mile and a sixteenth on the grass. Free the Magic, a winner of her last two in a row on grass but a distant seventh in the grade III Herecomesthebride when that race was taken off the turf, is also pointing to Friday's race.
Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) winner Five Star Day will make his first career start on turf Friday in the $200,000 Hollywood Turf Express Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. Earlier on the card, Euro Empire and Word Puzzle will go to post as the co-highweights in the $200,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker