The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze received the George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award Friday at Santa Anita. While at Santa Anita, Northern California's leading jockey also visited the winners' circle following the second race, when he and Sempai won in front-running style.
Jockeys Russell Baze, Robbie Davis, Larry Melancon, and Ray Sibille have been nominated for the 2002 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16