The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze received the George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award Friday at Santa Anita. While at Santa Anita, Northern California's leading jockey also visited the winners' circle following the second race, when he and Sempai won in front-running style.
Jockeys Russell Baze, Robbie Davis, Larry Melancon, and Ray Sibille have been nominated for the 2002 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Slideshow: 2014 Breeders' Cup Day 1
- BC Day One: Attendance Up, Wagering Down