Steve Castagnola is relaunching Kempton Bloodstock in association with the Berger family's Woodstock Farm.
Perry Alexander, a former manager of Greentree Stud near Lexington, died Friday, Oct. 7.
It's a sad good-bye. Bohemia Stable, the successful breeding and racing operation of the late Allaire du Pont, has announced it will completely disperse its horses -- 13 broodmares and weanlings. The horses will be consigned to auction over the next three months with Walnut Green as the agent.
Turning into Woodstock Farm, visitors are greeted by a canopy of towering sycamores and pines lining a road that slopes down to the original training barn and track, all the way to the tranquil beauty of the Bohemia River.
Allaire C. du Pont, whose Bohemia Stable raced five-time Horse of the Year Kelso, died Jan. 6 at her Woodstock Farm in Chesapeake City, Md., at the age of 92.
Millionaire Shine Again, who just missed winning the Oct. 25 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct by a neck after winning the previous two runnings, will head to breeder/owner Allaire du Pont's Woodstock Farm near Chesapeake City, Md., for her retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones