Steve Castagnola is relaunching Kempton Bloodstock in association with the Berger family's Woodstock Farm.
Perry Alexander, a former manager of Greentree Stud near Lexington, died Friday, Oct. 7.
It's a sad good-bye. Bohemia Stable, the successful breeding and racing operation of the late Allaire du Pont, has announced it will completely disperse its horses -- 13 broodmares and weanlings. The horses will be consigned to auction over the next three months with Walnut Green as the agent.
Turning into Woodstock Farm, visitors are greeted by a canopy of towering sycamores and pines lining a road that slopes down to the original training barn and track, all the way to the tranquil beauty of the Bohemia River.
Allaire C. du Pont, whose Bohemia Stable raced five-time Horse of the Year Kelso, died Jan. 6 at her Woodstock Farm in Chesapeake City, Md., at the age of 92.
Millionaire Shine Again, who just missed winning the Oct. 25 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct by a neck after winning the previous two runnings, will head to breeder/owner Allaire du Pont's Woodstock Farm near Chesapeake City, Md., for her retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls