Robert Evans' Tonalist, fifth in the Oct. 31 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), will likely start next in the Nov. 28 Cigar Mile (gr. I). Also, a deal in 2014 for Lane's End to acquire an interest in the colt has been canceled.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Tonalist shrugged off a sluggish start with a closing drive to win the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) in his 4-year-old debut May 2 at Belmont Park.
Less than 12 hours after saddling Tonalist to an upset victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer Christophe Clement was in his usual spot on the apron at the New York track at 5:30 a.m. June 8, overseeing workouts.
Robert Evan's Tonalist rallied late to edge Commissioner to win the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). California Chrome, bidding for the Triple Crown, finished in a dead-heat with Wicked Strong for fourth behind Medal Count.
His development slowed by a lung infection, Tonalist showed he can be a major contender in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) next month when he crushed the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) May 10 on a sloppy track at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- KHRC, Churchill Outline Testing, Security
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider