In the April 1 Pan American (G2T) at Gulfstream Park, Sadler’s Joy edged out his rivals to earn first graded stakes win. Sadler’s Joy (Kitten’s Joy - Dynaire, by Dynaformer) is a homebred for Rene and Lauren Woolcott of Woodslane Farm.
Robert Evans' Tonalist, fifth in the Oct. 31 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), will likely start next in the Nov. 28 Cigar Mile (gr. I). Also, a deal in 2014 for Lane's End to acquire an interest in the colt has been canceled.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Tonalist shrugged off a sluggish start with a closing drive to win the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) in his 4-year-old debut May 2 at Belmont Park.
Less than 12 hours after saddling Tonalist to an upset victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer Christophe Clement was in his usual spot on the apron at the New York track at 5:30 a.m. June 8, overseeing workouts.
Robert Evan's Tonalist rallied late to edge Commissioner to win the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). California Chrome, bidding for the Triple Crown, finished in a dead-heat with Wicked Strong for fourth behind Medal Count.
His development slowed by a lung infection, Tonalist showed he can be a major contender in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) next month when he crushed the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) May 10 on a sloppy track at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes