Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
A colt by Lion Heart posted the fastest quarter-mile work during the March 4 preview show for juveniles consigned to the March 12 Barretts Select Sale of 2-Year-Olds. The workouts were conducted at Fairplex Park in Pomona, California.
J. Frank Northcutt Jr., the leading apprentice rider in 1959, died Feb. 22 in Ocala, Fla.
His place in Nebraska racing history assured, 11-year-old Leaping Plum failed Saturday in his bid to win Fonner Park's $15,975 Grasmick Handicap for an eighth consecutive renewal.
A spill during the second race at Churchill Downs Sunday left one horse dead and two jockeys sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015