Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
A colt by Lion Heart posted the fastest quarter-mile work during the March 4 preview show for juveniles consigned to the March 12 Barretts Select Sale of 2-Year-Olds. The workouts were conducted at Fairplex Park in Pomona, California.
J. Frank Northcutt Jr., the leading apprentice rider in 1959, died Feb. 22 in Ocala, Fla.
His place in Nebraska racing history assured, 11-year-old Leaping Plum failed Saturday in his bid to win Fonner Park's $15,975 Grasmick Handicap for an eighth consecutive renewal.
A spill during the second race at Churchill Downs Sunday left one horse dead and two jockeys sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont