Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
A colt by Lion Heart posted the fastest quarter-mile work during the March 4 preview show for juveniles consigned to the March 12 Barretts Select Sale of 2-Year-Olds. The workouts were conducted at Fairplex Park in Pomona, California.
J. Frank Northcutt Jr., the leading apprentice rider in 1959, died Feb. 22 in Ocala, Fla.
His place in Nebraska racing history assured, 11-year-old Leaping Plum failed Saturday in his bid to win Fonner Park's $15,975 Grasmick Handicap for an eighth consecutive renewal.
A spill during the second race at Churchill Downs Sunday left one horse dead and two jockeys sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby