Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
A colt by Lion Heart posted the fastest quarter-mile work during the March 4 preview show for juveniles consigned to the March 12 Barretts Select Sale of 2-Year-Olds. The workouts were conducted at Fairplex Park in Pomona, California.
J. Frank Northcutt Jr., the leading apprentice rider in 1959, died Feb. 22 in Ocala, Fla.
His place in Nebraska racing history assured, 11-year-old Leaping Plum failed Saturday in his bid to win Fonner Park's $15,975 Grasmick Handicap for an eighth consecutive renewal.
A spill during the second race at Churchill Downs Sunday left one horse dead and two jockeys sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?