The stakes program got off to a good start Saturday at Pimlico with odds-on choice English Channel blazing home well clear in the $100,000 Woodlawn Stakes for trainer Todd Pletcher and John Velazquez.
The racing office of the Maryland Jockey Club Tuesday released the lists of nominees for the thirteen other stakes that make up Preakness (gr. I) weekend, May 20-21.
Tucked under cover for most of the race, Artie Schiller broke loose from the back to pull away to a 3 ¾-length victory in the $100,000 Woodlawn Stakes on the Preakness undercard.
Charging from the back of the five-horse field, Gang powered his way to victory by a nose in the $125,000 Woodlawn Stakes at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Nyquist Begins 2016 Campaign in San Vicente
- Green Gratto Among Nine in General George
- Saratoga Mischief to Return in Capossela
- Discreetness, Collected Face Off in Southwest
- Calculator to Make Return at Santa Anita
- Upcoming Texas 2-Year-Olds Sale Taking Shape
- Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
- TOBA Pedigree, Conformation Clinic Scheduled
- 64 Equine Herpesvirus Positives at Sunland