Mongolian Saturday, the 4-1 favorite, won Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8; his first score since last year's TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT).
Michael Dubb's Silver Timber ran down pacesetter Mr. Nightlinger in mid-stretch and went on to win the $125,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
- By Dan Liebman
A parcel of land in Bourbon County, Ky., bought by Frank Stronach's son, Andy, could be the first of many tracts purchased there and lead to the eventual relocation of the entire Adena Springs Kentucky operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale