Mongolian Saturday, the 4-1 favorite, won Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8; his first score since last year's TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT).
Michael Dubb's Silver Timber ran down pacesetter Mr. Nightlinger in mid-stretch and went on to win the $125,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
- By Dan Liebman
A parcel of land in Bourbon County, Ky., bought by Frank Stronach's son, Andy, could be the first of many tracts purchased there and lead to the eventual relocation of the entire Adena Springs Kentucky operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes