Mongolian Saturday, the 4-1 favorite, won Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8; his first score since last year's TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT).
Michael Dubb's Silver Timber ran down pacesetter Mr. Nightlinger in mid-stretch and went on to win the $125,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
- By Dan Liebman
A parcel of land in Bourbon County, Ky., bought by Frank Stronach's son, Andy, could be the first of many tracts purchased there and lead to the eventual relocation of the entire Adena Springs Kentucky operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park