Pensioned broodmare Wheatly Way, dam of grade I winner Bevo, died Oct. 17 at Joclyn Helmbrecht's Echo Lane in Ocala, Fla.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
A full sister to the stakes-winning sale graduate Sherman Bartlebort was the $40,000 topper at the 2011 Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale in Pleasanton Aug. 16.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes