A yearling colt by City Zip was purchased by Robert Hess Jr. for $50,000 to top the Aug. 16 Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale.
Sue Greene continues her life with horses on Woodbridge Farm Download Now
Pensioned broodmare Wheatly Way, dam of grade I winner Bevo, died Oct. 17 at Joclyn Helmbrecht's Echo Lane in Ocala, Fla.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
A full sister to the stakes-winning sale graduate Sherman Bartlebort was the $40,000 topper at the 2011 Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale in Pleasanton Aug. 16.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer