A yearling colt by City Zip was purchased by Robert Hess Jr. for $50,000 to top the Aug. 16 Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale.
Sue Greene continues her life with horses on Woodbridge Farm Download Now
Pensioned broodmare Wheatly Way, dam of grade I winner Bevo, died Oct. 17 at Joclyn Helmbrecht's Echo Lane in Ocala, Fla.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
A full sister to the stakes-winning sale graduate Sherman Bartlebort was the $40,000 topper at the 2011 Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale in Pleasanton Aug. 16.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate