Inglorious, the 2011 recipient of Canada's Sovereign Award for champion 3-year-old filly has been retired. She is one of only five fillies to capture both the Woodbine Oaks and the Queen's Plate.
A recent outbreak of EHV-1 at Woodbine Racetrack, has caused Park Stud to end the breeding this year for all its stallions. There has been no detection of the virus at Park Stud, closing early is a preventative measure.
Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, has been re-accredited by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance, officials announced April 2.
How long will racino operators, legislators support racing's side of the business? read blog
The NTRA announced March 29 that Woodbine Racetrack has been fully accredited by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance. The Ontario, Canada track received 'best practice' ratings in several areas.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) unveiled the 2008 Thoroughbred Improvement Program (TIP), following approval of the Ontario Racing Commission. Valued at $9.6 million, the TIP includes increases in breeders award distributions, overnight stakes races, and the introduction of a new OSS stakes award program.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap