If all goes well, two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan will begin his road to the Breeders' Cup World Championships in the $250,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course on Aug. 30.
Unleashing a strong turn of foot entering the stretch, longshot Riding the River rallied from last to first under jockey Todd Kabel to post an upset in the King Edward Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT).
Two durable campaigners from the Roger Attfield stable engaged in a thrilling stretch-long duel in the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT), with 10-year-old Musketier emerging on top by a head over 7-year-old Simmard.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has announced that one of its premier races will be sponsored by technology company Ricoh Canada under a two-year agreement.
Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager enters its fourth year with no clear individual favorite for the track's prestigious grade I race for 3-year-old fillies, so the mutuel field has been installed as the solid 7-2 morning line choice as the wager opens its Jan. 26-29 run.
- By Ron Mitchell
Woodbine Racecourse canceled Sunday racing as a result of an overnight fire in two barns on the track's backetretch. Track officials said some horses were believed to have died in the 3 a.m. blaze in barns 7 and 7A but additional details were not immediately available.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby