Daniel Sullivan, president of The Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation, announced Feb. 14 that Giant Oak had been named the state's 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male.
Keeneland opens its 17-day fall meeting Oct. 8 with a pair of graded stakes, highlighted by the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies on Polytrack.
Gary and Mary West's homebred Major Gain broke his maiden in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 11, coming from off the pace to win by a length on the Arlington Polytrack.
Juveniles of both sexes take the spotlight Sept. 11 at Arlington Park with the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) sharing top billing on the nine-race card.
Wonderlandbynight swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and left favored Mimi's Missy behind to register victory in her graded stakes debut in the $146,910 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen