Daniel Sullivan, president of The Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation, announced Feb. 14 that Giant Oak had been named the state's 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male.
Keeneland opens its 17-day fall meeting Oct. 8 with a pair of graded stakes, highlighted by the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies on Polytrack.
Gary and Mary West's homebred Major Gain broke his maiden in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 11, coming from off the pace to win by a length on the Arlington Polytrack.
Juveniles of both sexes take the spotlight Sept. 11 at Arlington Park with the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) sharing top billing on the nine-race card.
Wonderlandbynight swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and left favored Mimi's Missy behind to register victory in her graded stakes debut in the $146,910 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Haskin: Thoughts on a Super Saturday