Daniel Sullivan, president of The Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation, announced Feb. 14 that Giant Oak had been named the state's 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male.
Keeneland opens its 17-day fall meeting Oct. 8 with a pair of graded stakes, highlighted by the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies on Polytrack.
Gary and Mary West's homebred Major Gain broke his maiden in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 11, coming from off the pace to win by a length on the Arlington Polytrack.
Juveniles of both sexes take the spotlight Sept. 11 at Arlington Park with the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) sharing top billing on the nine-race card.
Wonderlandbynight swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and left favored Mimi's Missy behind to register victory in her graded stakes debut in the $146,910 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes