Daniel Sullivan, president of The Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation, announced Feb. 14 that Giant Oak had been named the state's 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male.
Keeneland opens its 17-day fall meeting Oct. 8 with a pair of graded stakes, highlighted by the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies on Polytrack.
Gary and Mary West's homebred Major Gain broke his maiden in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 11, coming from off the pace to win by a length on the Arlington Polytrack.
Juveniles of both sexes take the spotlight Sept. 11 at Arlington Park with the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) sharing top billing on the nine-race card.
Wonderlandbynight swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and left favored Mimi's Missy behind to register victory in her graded stakes debut in the $146,910 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic