The Tattersalls December foal sale got off to a slow start Nov. 25 in England. The 76 horses sold (from 189 offered) grossed 274,700 guineas and averaged 3,614 guineas. The median price was 2,000 guineas. Last year, during the opening session, the 131 horses sold grossed 1,086,600 guineas and averaged 8,295 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55