It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination