It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm