It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping