It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill