It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes
- HRRN to Provide Live Coverage of Travers Card
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Messara Keynote Speaker at IFHA Conference
- American Pharoah Arrives at Saratoga
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers