It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- S'Maverlous is Cornhusker Highweight