It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful