It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup