It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes