It was only fitting that trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won Sunday's $65,387 Foster City Handicap, the closing-day feature of the 2004 Bay Meadows spring meeting.
Two perfect tickets in Wednesday's Pick Six at Hollywood Park were each worth a record payout of $1,312,808.60. The previous Hollywood Park Pick Six record payout was $928,127.40, paid to one winner on July 21, 2002.
Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs