The Equine Equity Act, which reduces the capital gains holding period for horses and shortens the depreciation schedule for racehorses, is part of the 2007 Farm Bill and could be approved by the United States Senate in a few days.
The United States Senate on July 15 agreed by voice vote to send the foreign sales corporation bill, which includes provisions to eliminate the 30% withholding tax on winnings by foreign bettors and reduce the capital gains holding period for horses from two years to one, to conference.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity