A bill was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives April 28 that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more for bets that carry odds of 300-1 or higher.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials met with President Bush's legislative team and key members of Congress the week of April 8 in an effort to promote legislation to eliminate the 30% withholding on foreign wagers into United States pari-mutuel pools.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets