A bill was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives April 28 that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more for bets that carry odds of 300-1 or higher.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials met with President Bush's legislative team and key members of Congress the week of April 8 in an effort to promote legislation to eliminate the 30% withholding on foreign wagers into United States pari-mutuel pools.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses