A bill was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives April 28 that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more for bets that carry odds of 300-1 or higher.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials met with President Bush's legislative team and key members of Congress the week of April 8 in an effort to promote legislation to eliminate the 30% withholding on foreign wagers into United States pari-mutuel pools.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala
- Wallyanna Back for More in Saranac
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury