A bill was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives April 28 that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more for bets that carry odds of 300-1 or higher.
National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials met with President Bush's legislative team and key members of Congress the week of April 8 in an effort to promote legislation to eliminate the 30% withholding on foreign wagers into United States pari-mutuel pools.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North