Wasted Tears, attempting her longest distance over a surface she had never tried, dug deep to defeat Lilly Fa Pootz by a desperate nose to register her 10th consecutive win on turf in Del Mar's $250,000 John C. Mabee Stakes.
Win machine Wasted Tears produced another victory on the Lone Star Park turf with a repeat win in the $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 31, though it wasn't as easy as her 3-10 odds suggested it would be.
Wasted Tears, undefeated on the Lone Star Park turf, took the field nearly all the way in winning the $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 25 in track-record time in her graded stakes debut May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered