Gov. David Paterson outlined a proposed deal with a Wisconsin Indian tribe to build a casino in the Catskill Mountains.
Kentucky veterinary officials are now requiring that stallions coming from Wisconsin be tested for contagious equine metritis (CEM) prior to entering the state. The order, issued today by state veterinarian Robert C. Stout, stems from Kentucky's investigation into cases of CEM, which were first discovered in the state in December. This is the first official interstate movement restriction to result from the nationwide investigation, which includes 614 horses in 45 states.
Animal Fairy Charities will present a Musical Horse Aid benefit concert at the Walworth County Fair Grounds Sept. 15. Musical Horse Aid is a day-long event featuring live entertainment and performances by various bands.
Casino gaming is becoming a hot topic in the upper Midwest, with a privately-managed, state-owned facility being proposed in Minnesota and three Indian groups in Wisconsin joining forces with an ailing Greyhound track in a casino proposal.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break