Mike Mullaney, who currently serves as executive director of the New York State Horse Breeding Development Fund, will be returning to Florida to serve as the managing editor of Florida Equine Communications.
"Wire to Wire," horse racing's weekly recap show hosted by Randy Moss, will shift to an Internet-based video platform on www.ntra.com and www.espn.com beginning Jan.18, when the program will make its 2007 debut. Moss will continue as host.
- By Ryan Conley
ESPN's "Wire To Wire" digest show will be eliminated in 2007, but the amount of live coverage hours of horse racing on the network will increase slightly, part of a retooling of the lineups for the sports cable company and affiliated broadcast network ABC.
"Wire To Wire," ESPN's weekly news and features program devoted to horseracing, has announced a new, online poll called "ESPN.com Fans' Champions Awards" that will enable racing fans to voice who they think should be crowned Champion in the sport's various equine and human divisions.
Average household viewership of the lineup of Visa Triple Crown programming presented by the ESPN networks during the 2003 Kentucky Derby week rose sharply over the previous year's totals according to data supplied by Nielsen Media Research.
NTRA Productions has entered into a five-year licensing agreement with Florida Equine Publications to use the name "Wire to Wire" in the title of a weekly horse racing television show on ESPN.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby