Grade I-winning millionaire Spring At Last has been purchased by Prince Sultan bin Mohammed bin Saud Al Kabeer, who will relocate the 12-year-old son of Silver Deputy to Saudi Arabia, where he'll stand stud in 2015.
by Ann Peters
One of the surprise stallion developments of 2012 is Spring At Last, who finished second behind Henrythenavigator on the year-end first-crop sire rankings.
Grade I winner Spring At Last has already sired two winners from his first crop of 2-year-olds to race, including the impressive filly Seaneen Girl, who won handily by 5 3/4 lengths at first asking June 22 at Woodbine
Winter's Gone, dam of three graded stakes winners, died after foaling a dead Storm Cat offspring this year.
Garrett Gomez may be best known internationally for his association with Discreet Cat but was in the winner's enclosure after the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) which he won impressively on the Doug O'Neill trained Spring At Last.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey