Air Forbes Won, the 1982 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite who sired 49 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 19 at age 30 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
The connections for Tres Borrachos, which translated from Spanish means "Three Drunks," are hoping to crash Big Brown's expected victory party at the 2008 Preakness (gr. I).
Keeneland's 14-day November Breeding Stock Sale rolled through Sunday's halfway point with gross sales, average and median prices all up over a year ago.
Trainer Beau Greely announced Tuesday that multiple grade I winner Borrego has been sidelined due to a small chip in his right front ankle. The 5-year-old son of El Prado is scheduled to undergo surgery Friday to remove the chip.
Multiple grade I winner Borrego will return to his roots when he is retired to Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky. to stand at stud, effective with the 2007 breeding season.
The first foal by grade II winner Century City arrived Feb. 2 at John Greely III's Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky.
Millionaire Manndar's first foal is a filly that arrived Feb. 8 at John J. Greely III's Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts