Air Forbes Won, the 1982 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite who sired 49 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 19 at age 30 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
The connections for Tres Borrachos, which translated from Spanish means "Three Drunks," are hoping to crash Big Brown's expected victory party at the 2008 Preakness (gr. I).
Keeneland's 14-day November Breeding Stock Sale rolled through Sunday's halfway point with gross sales, average and median prices all up over a year ago.
Trainer Beau Greely announced Tuesday that multiple grade I winner Borrego has been sidelined due to a small chip in his right front ankle. The 5-year-old son of El Prado is scheduled to undergo surgery Friday to remove the chip.
Multiple grade I winner Borrego will return to his roots when he is retired to Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky. to stand at stud, effective with the 2007 breeding season.
The first foal by grade II winner Century City arrived Feb. 2 at John Greely III's Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky.
Millionaire Manndar's first foal is a filly that arrived Feb. 8 at John J. Greely III's Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win