German-bred mare Caprice, third in last year's Rood & Riddle Dowager at Keeneland, returns for the $125,000 turf event as one of the favorites for owner Sven A. Hanson's NP Bloodstock.
German-bred Caprice saved ground throughout, snuck through a hole on the inside in upper stretch, and held off Trensa by a neck to win the $171,050 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 18 on the Delaware Park turf.
Augustin Stable's Winter View, riding a three-race win streak, the last two in graded stakes company, is the one to beat in the Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 18 at Delaware Park.
The cutback in distance didn't seem to bother George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Winter View, as the daughter of Thunder Gulch came from last at the top of the stretch to run them all down in the $150,000 All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 20 on the Colonial Downs turf.
There is no doubt in the mind of Frank Alexander that Lime Rickey is a stakes-caliber type of horse. One of these days, perhaps in the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) on June 13, the son of Lemon Drop Kid will prove it, Alexander said. All he needs is a little bit of racing luck.
Augustin Stable's homebred Winter View went from last to first in her graded stakes debut, charging through the lane under Julien Leparoux to score the Grey Goose Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) by two lengths April 23 on the Keeneland turf.
G. Watts Humphrey's homebred Communique makes a return trip to Keeneland April 23 to defend her Grey Goose Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) title, but will have all she can handle when facing Dress Rehearsal and Winter View, each coming off impressive marathon victories.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby