The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has reached an agreement with Ellis Park to keep the stable area at the Henderson, Ky., racetrack open for training year-round.
Hialeah Park owner John Brunetti has asked six organizations to each contribute $270,000 toward the cost of keeping the facility open for winter training. If they don't, Brunetti apparently will pull the plug on an endeavor that began only weeks ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set