The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has reached an agreement with Ellis Park to keep the stable area at the Henderson, Ky., racetrack open for training year-round.
Hialeah Park owner John Brunetti has asked six organizations to each contribute $270,000 toward the cost of keeping the facility open for winter training. If they don't, Brunetti apparently will pull the plug on an endeavor that began only weeks ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse