The people and horses who make Kentucky home for the winter racing season continued to make a good go of it, and this year has been particularly positive from a business standpoint.
A late-winter storm that was expected to dump a large amount of snow along the East Coast led to cancellation of Monday racing at tracks in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Philadelphia Park announced that racing was cancelled for Monday and Tuesday, and racing was also cancelled at Suffolk Downs in Boston, where forecasters were predicting snowfall ranging from 18-24 inches.
Frigid temperatures, expected to reach single digits by nightfall with the wind-chill well below zero, have forced Turfway Park to cancel live racing on Friday night.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory