Turfway Park reported a slight increase in ontrack handle and a decline in all-sources wagering during the 16-day fall meet highlighted by the WinStar Kentucky Cup Day.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Full brothers Freud and Giant's Causeway looked and performed quite differently. However, both are successful sires, as exemplified by Future Prospect's victory in the WinStar Ky Cup.
Future Prospect gave Dodson Skaggs his first graded stakes winner in 42 years as a trainer when the 7-year-old gelding left General Quarters behind in the stretch to capture the $169,999 WinStar Kentucky Cup (gr. II).
Two-time grade I winner General Quarters tops the list of probable starters for the $200,000 WinStar Kentucky Cup (gr. II) at Turfway Park Sept. 24.
The grade II Kentucky Cup Classic, which returns to Turfway Park in September after a one-year hiatus, will have a new distance and new name, track officials said Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST