Trainer Bob Baffert and owners Gary and Mary West had nothing to apologize for after favored Guilt Trip gave them their second grade II win of the afternoon in the $200,000 Strub Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Cousin Gigi, the highest price in the field at odds of 25-1, reeled in pacesetter Crystal Sea, then held Quidnaskra at bay in deep stretch to win Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths at Monmouth Park. Cousin Gigi returned $52, $17.80, and $6.60 and led a $305 exacta.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off