Trainer Steve Standridge sends out Sabine Stable's 4-year-old filly Win's Fair Lady in Saturday's $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) and more than the purse could be riding on her performance.
Buckram Oak Farm's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) winner Silver Wagon and John Franks' juvenile filly Chatter Chatter turned in solid workouts at Calder Monday morning as they prepare for engagements Saturday on the "Grand Slam I" program.
Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Grade I winner Nonsuch Bay is among the entrants for Friday's Banshee Breeze Handicap at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field