Trainer Steve Standridge sends out Sabine Stable's 4-year-old filly Win's Fair Lady in Saturday's $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) and more than the purse could be riding on her performance.
Buckram Oak Farm's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) winner Silver Wagon and John Franks' juvenile filly Chatter Chatter turned in solid workouts at Calder Monday morning as they prepare for engagements Saturday on the "Grand Slam I" program.
Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Grade I winner Nonsuch Bay is among the entrants for Friday's Banshee Breeze Handicap at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again