Trainer Steve Standridge sends out Sabine Stable's 4-year-old filly Win's Fair Lady in Saturday's $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) and more than the purse could be riding on her performance.
Buckram Oak Farm's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) winner Silver Wagon and John Franks' juvenile filly Chatter Chatter turned in solid workouts at Calder Monday morning as they prepare for engagements Saturday on the "Grand Slam I" program.
Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Grade I winner Nonsuch Bay is among the entrants for Friday's Banshee Breeze Handicap at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty