Evangeline Downs concluded its 84-day Thoroughbred racing season Aug. 29 with Karl Broberg and Colby Hernandez dominating from the start of the meet and taking the respective trainer and jockey titles.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez set a single-season record for wins on Aqueduct's inner track when he rode Winning Move Stable's Oedipus O'Neal to victory for trainer Gary Contessa in the fourth race on Aqueduct's March 15 card.
Suffolk Downs' leading rider, Jamaican native Winston Thompson, reached another career milestone Tuesday. In garnering a wire-to-wire victory aboard 1-2 favorite Sundance Shamrock in the third race for owner/trainer Tim Kirby, Thompson reached the 2,500 victory mark in his 19-year career.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees