Evangeline Downs concluded its 84-day Thoroughbred racing season Aug. 29 with Karl Broberg and Colby Hernandez dominating from the start of the meet and taking the respective trainer and jockey titles.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez set a single-season record for wins on Aqueduct's inner track when he rode Winning Move Stable's Oedipus O'Neal to victory for trainer Gary Contessa in the fourth race on Aqueduct's March 15 card.
Suffolk Downs' leading rider, Jamaican native Winston Thompson, reached another career milestone Tuesday. In garnering a wire-to-wire victory aboard 1-2 favorite Sundance Shamrock in the third race for owner/trainer Tim Kirby, Thompson reached the 2,500 victory mark in his 19-year career.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown