Evangeline Downs concluded its 84-day Thoroughbred racing season Aug. 29 with Karl Broberg and Colby Hernandez dominating from the start of the meet and taking the respective trainer and jockey titles.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez set a single-season record for wins on Aqueduct's inner track when he rode Winning Move Stable's Oedipus O'Neal to victory for trainer Gary Contessa in the fourth race on Aqueduct's March 15 card.
Suffolk Downs' leading rider, Jamaican native Winston Thompson, reached another career milestone Tuesday. In garnering a wire-to-wire victory aboard 1-2 favorite Sundance Shamrock in the third race for owner/trainer Tim Kirby, Thompson reached the 2,500 victory mark in his 19-year career.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes