Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
"Just when you think it can't get much worse, it got worse," said Boyd Browning, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Fasig-Tipton, on Feb. 5. Browning was discussing complications involving the pending sale of 89 horses repossessed by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland from the Maryland mystery buyer, Bernice L. Givens Sykes, who signed tickets for nearly $700,000 for 134 horses at the Keeneland November and Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale and then failed to pay for them.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa