Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
"Just when you think it can't get much worse, it got worse," said Boyd Browning, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Fasig-Tipton, on Feb. 5. Browning was discussing complications involving the pending sale of 89 horses repossessed by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland from the Maryland mystery buyer, Bernice L. Givens Sykes, who signed tickets for nearly $700,000 for 134 horses at the Keeneland November and Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale and then failed to pay for them.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout