Chevalier Stable's Weathered repelled a bid from Winning Point in a determined stretch run to earn her first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Next Move (gr. III) March 28 at Aqueduct.
Successful Sarah will face five rivals in the $100,000 Next Move (gr. III) for fillies and mares at nine furlongs at Aqueduct March 28.
Moon Catcher, a winner at Delaware Park in her last start, came right back to go gate-to-wire in the $505,600 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) Saturday, desperately holding off the surging Winning Point by a head at the wire.
The July 14 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) is shaping up to be a continental showdown at Delaware Park. The $500,000, 1 1/16-mile race has attracted a field of eight entrants from points across North America. Appearing to head the field are Cotton Blossom, High Heels, and Tough Tiz's Sis.
The raid was on at cloudy Pimlico Friday. Panty Raid, under Edgar Prado, came from off the pace to win the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) with authority.
Baroness Thatcher heads a field of eight entered for Friday's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico, one of five stakes on the Preakness eve race card.
Phipps Stable's Boca Grande kept her cool and pulled away for a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Comely (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct Saturday.
The Phipps Stable's Boca Grande is one of the favorites in the $150,000 Comely Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board