Chevalier Stable's Weathered repelled a bid from Winning Point in a determined stretch run to earn her first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Next Move (gr. III) March 28 at Aqueduct.
Successful Sarah will face five rivals in the $100,000 Next Move (gr. III) for fillies and mares at nine furlongs at Aqueduct March 28.
Moon Catcher, a winner at Delaware Park in her last start, came right back to go gate-to-wire in the $505,600 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) Saturday, desperately holding off the surging Winning Point by a head at the wire.
The July 14 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) is shaping up to be a continental showdown at Delaware Park. The $500,000, 1 1/16-mile race has attracted a field of eight entrants from points across North America. Appearing to head the field are Cotton Blossom, High Heels, and Tough Tiz's Sis.
The raid was on at cloudy Pimlico Friday. Panty Raid, under Edgar Prado, came from off the pace to win the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) with authority.
Baroness Thatcher heads a field of eight entered for Friday's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico, one of five stakes on the Preakness eve race card.
Phipps Stable's Boca Grande kept her cool and pulled away for a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Comely (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct Saturday.
The Phipps Stable's Boca Grande is one of the favorites in the $150,000 Comely Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15