The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In the Thoroughbred world's version of the hit television show "Survivor," my money would not have been on Jim Wilburn, the impresario for racing on ESPN and ESPN2, to make it past the first couple of meetings of the tribal council. But popularity and performance are two distinct variables.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87