The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In the Thoroughbred world's version of the hit television show "Survivor," my money would not have been on Jim Wilburn, the impresario for racing on ESPN and ESPN2, to make it past the first couple of meetings of the tribal council. But popularity and performance are two distinct variables.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont