The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In the Thoroughbred world's version of the hit television show "Survivor," my money would not have been on Jim Wilburn, the impresario for racing on ESPN and ESPN2, to make it past the first couple of meetings of the tribal council. But popularity and performance are two distinct variables.
Most Popular Stories
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer