The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In the Thoroughbred world's version of the hit television show "Survivor," my money would not have been on Jim Wilburn, the impresario for racing on ESPN and ESPN2, to make it past the first couple of meetings of the tribal council. But popularity and performance are two distinct variables.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot