The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- In the Thoroughbred world's version of the hit television show "Survivor," my money would not have been on Jim Wilburn, the impresario for racing on ESPN and ESPN2, to make it past the first couple of meetings of the tribal council. But popularity and performance are two distinct variables.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online