Peter Winants, a retired publisher and editor of The Chronicle of the Horse, died May 18 following a long illness.
Carl Nafzger, the trainer who plotted a plan for Street Sense that culminated in the colt winning the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been chosen to receive the Big Sport of Turfdom award from the Turf Publicists of America.
Eric Wing, senior director of media relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby
- Tattersalls Opens with Healthy Rise in Median
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity