Peter Winants, a retired publisher and editor of The Chronicle of the Horse, died May 18 following a long illness.
Carl Nafzger, the trainer who plotted a plan for Street Sense that culminated in the colt winning the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been chosen to receive the Big Sport of Turfdom award from the Turf Publicists of America.
Eric Wing, senior director of media relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile