Peter Winants, a retired publisher and editor of The Chronicle of the Horse, died May 18 following a long illness.
Carl Nafzger, the trainer who plotted a plan for Street Sense that culminated in the colt winning the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been chosen to receive the Big Sport of Turfdom award from the Turf Publicists of America.
Eric Wing, senior director of media relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?