Owner Paul Reddam and trainer Doug O'Neill take their shot with 15-1 hopeful Concave in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Concave moved to the head of the Southern California juvenile filly division for Reddam Racing and trainer Doug O'Neill with a game half-length victory over She's a Tiger in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes Aug. 7 at Del Mar.
Trainer Bob Baffert scratched two of his three entrants in the Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 28, but the only one he needed was El Brujo, who went gate-to-wire to give Baffert his second grade I win of the day.
Windways Farm's El Brujo notched his second straight graded stakes score when he split horses in mid-stretch and went on for a 1 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Perryville (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races