Owner Paul Reddam and trainer Doug O'Neill take their shot with 15-1 hopeful Concave in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Concave moved to the head of the Southern California juvenile filly division for Reddam Racing and trainer Doug O'Neill with a game half-length victory over She's a Tiger in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes Aug. 7 at Del Mar.
Trainer Bob Baffert scratched two of his three entrants in the Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 28, but the only one he needed was El Brujo, who went gate-to-wire to give Baffert his second grade I win of the day.
Windways Farm's El Brujo notched his second straight graded stakes score when he split horses in mid-stretch and went on for a 1 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Perryville (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity