Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A colt by young sire Thewayyouare sold for $200,000 (US$166,561), the highest price at the first session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 30.
Irish-based Coolmore Stud has announced that dual Breeders' Cup winner High Chaparral will be rested from his Southern Hemisphere shuttling duties this season.
John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner High Chaparral will shuttle to Windsor Park Stud near Cambridge, New Zealand, for his first Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Volksraad, a Danzig grandson, has joined an elite group of champion New Zealand sires.
The first Southern Hemisphere-bred foal of European champion Montjeu was born Aug. 6 at Bloomsbury Stud's New Zealand farm in Matamata.
Coolmore Stud announced that European champion Montjeu will shuttle to New Zealand and stand at Nelson Schick's Windsor Park Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor