Robert S. Evans' Windsong, who twice finished second in a graded stakes race, has been retired to Taylor Made Farm and will be bred to Giant's Causeway.
The Wards and Oxleys won two graded stakes with daughters of Forest Wildcat when Forest Secrets took the Rampart Handicap and Snow Dance won the Suwanee River Handicap.
England's Legend, fully recovered from a splint problem, beat Gaviola by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 New York Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Under jockey Jerry Bailey, Gerald W. Leigh's 6-year-old homebred mare Innuendo stalked early leader Alybgood before drawing off in the stretch to win the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3 1/2 lengths, Saturday at Gulfstream Park. For Bailey, the win marks his 12th in a stakes on the current Gulfstream meet, tying his own record.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell