Robert S. Evans' Windsong, who twice finished second in a graded stakes race, has been retired to Taylor Made Farm and will be bred to Giant's Causeway.
The Wards and Oxleys won two graded stakes with daughters of Forest Wildcat when Forest Secrets took the Rampart Handicap and Snow Dance won the Suwanee River Handicap.
England's Legend, fully recovered from a splint problem, beat Gaviola by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 New York Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Under jockey Jerry Bailey, Gerald W. Leigh's 6-year-old homebred mare Innuendo stalked early leader Alybgood before drawing off in the stretch to win the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3 1/2 lengths, Saturday at Gulfstream Park. For Bailey, the win marks his 12th in a stakes on the current Gulfstream meet, tying his own record.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart