Robert S. Evans' Windsong, who twice finished second in a graded stakes race, has been retired to Taylor Made Farm and will be bred to Giant's Causeway.
The Wards and Oxleys won two graded stakes with daughters of Forest Wildcat when Forest Secrets took the Rampart Handicap and Snow Dance won the Suwanee River Handicap.
England's Legend, fully recovered from a splint problem, beat Gaviola by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 New York Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Under jockey Jerry Bailey, Gerald W. Leigh's 6-year-old homebred mare Innuendo stalked early leader Alybgood before drawing off in the stretch to win the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3 1/2 lengths, Saturday at Gulfstream Park. For Bailey, the win marks his 12th in a stakes on the current Gulfstream meet, tying his own record.
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts