Robert S. Evans' Windsong, who twice finished second in a graded stakes race, has been retired to Taylor Made Farm and will be bred to Giant's Causeway.
The Wards and Oxleys won two graded stakes with daughters of Forest Wildcat when Forest Secrets took the Rampart Handicap and Snow Dance won the Suwanee River Handicap.
England's Legend, fully recovered from a splint problem, beat Gaviola by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 New York Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Under jockey Jerry Bailey, Gerald W. Leigh's 6-year-old homebred mare Innuendo stalked early leader Alybgood before drawing off in the stretch to win the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3 1/2 lengths, Saturday at Gulfstream Park. For Bailey, the win marks his 12th in a stakes on the current Gulfstream meet, tying his own record.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm