An easy winner of the Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) in his last start, Two Step Salsa tries two turns for the first time in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track June 15.
If trainer Julio Canani keeps winning as easily as he did with Two Step Salsa in the $107,200 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) May 18, it may be quite some time before he shaves that beard he's been growing during the month-old Hollywood Park meeting.
Trainer Eric Guillot has long believed that his 3-year-old Salute the Sarge is most comfortable as a late-running sprinter. After Sarge's most recent route attempt ended in a flop at Keeneland, the grade II winner returns to the short game in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track May 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Ajaxana Seeks Second German Classic Win
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Sales Sector Increases Aftercare Support