An easy winner of the Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) in his last start, Two Step Salsa tries two turns for the first time in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track June 15.
If trainer Julio Canani keeps winning as easily as he did with Two Step Salsa in the $107,200 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) May 18, it may be quite some time before he shaves that beard he's been growing during the month-old Hollywood Park meeting.
Trainer Eric Guillot has long believed that his 3-year-old Salute the Sarge is most comfortable as a late-running sprinter. After Sarge's most recent route attempt ended in a flop at Keeneland, the grade II winner returns to the short game in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track May 18.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Zayat: American Pharoah to Run in Travers
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Inside the August 8, 2015 Issue