With impressive win in Mazarine Stakes, 2-year-old filly now among the favorites for Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Odds-on choice Conquest Harlanate used a ground-saving trip under Patrick Husbands to post an authoritative victory in the $179,264 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 5 for her second graded stakes win in a row at Woodbine.
Conquest Harlanate, tracking Isabella Sings into the stretch, eventually wore the persistent favorite down to win the $229,816 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the Woodbine turf Sept. 13.
The first reported foal by Canadian champion Marchfield was born at Windhaven Farm in Caledon, Ontario. The chestnut filly out of Casey's Irish Pride was born Jan. 25.
South Bay Cove, from the first crop of 2000 Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus, crushed a small field in Saturday's $160,350 Shady Well Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths