With impressive win in Mazarine Stakes, 2-year-old filly now among the favorites for Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Odds-on choice Conquest Harlanate used a ground-saving trip under Patrick Husbands to post an authoritative victory in the $179,264 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 5 for her second graded stakes win in a row at Woodbine.
Conquest Harlanate, tracking Isabella Sings into the stretch, eventually wore the persistent favorite down to win the $229,816 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the Woodbine turf Sept. 13.
The first reported foal by Canadian champion Marchfield was born at Windhaven Farm in Caledon, Ontario. The chestnut filly out of Casey's Irish Pride was born Jan. 25.
South Bay Cove, from the first crop of 2000 Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus, crushed a small field in Saturday's $160,350 Shady Well Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'