With impressive win in Mazarine Stakes, 2-year-old filly now among the favorites for Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Odds-on choice Conquest Harlanate used a ground-saving trip under Patrick Husbands to post an authoritative victory in the $179,264 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 5 for her second graded stakes win in a row at Woodbine.
Conquest Harlanate, tracking Isabella Sings into the stretch, eventually wore the persistent favorite down to win the $229,816 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the Woodbine turf Sept. 13.
The first reported foal by Canadian champion Marchfield was born at Windhaven Farm in Caledon, Ontario. The chestnut filly out of Casey's Irish Pride was born Jan. 25.
South Bay Cove, from the first crop of 2000 Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus, crushed a small field in Saturday's $160,350 Shady Well Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?